All Saints Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of all students and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
We follow Kirklees Safeguarding Children Partnership policies and procedures and we are fully committed to ensuring that consistent, effective safeguarding takes place to support families, students, and staff in school.
We follow the 15-minute rule, and any concerns raised are passed within this time to our safeguarding team.
Our safeguarding team consists of trained Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) and our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL):
- Ensuring procedures to safeguard young people are in place and are updated as appropriate.
- Raising awareness about safeguarding issues to overcome barriers to young people reporting their concerns.
- Helping adults recognise the signs and indicators that might give rise to safeguarding concerns.
- Providing help and advice on how to respond to safeguarding concerns about young people and how to respond appropriately.
- Explaining ways in which adults can raise concerns about unacceptable behaviour by other adults.
- Addressing specific issues such as photography and images on the internet, physical contact, conduct on school trips, etc.
- Providing advice/support to staff, parents, and carers and for confidential discussions about concerns.
- Co-ordinating arrangements for monitoring of students who have been identified as in need of protection.
- Making referrals to social care and other external agencies.
A full range of school polices can be navigated from the websites main menu, a direct link to the safeguarding policy can be found here.
National Online Safety
NOS has current and frequently updated guides for parents on articles such as the safe use of social media apps. Newly released video games and there use of loot-boxes and gambling. There is also information on issues such as screen addiction, bullying and harassment.
Life 360 is a Smart phone app which allows you to see the locations and information of your friends and family, for more information follow this link
Think You Know
This page offers information about “The Internet Relationships and You”, covering such topics as Stalking, online sexual harassment and bullying and the importance of Healthy Relationships.
Childline reporting an Issue
This YouTube video from Childline offers advice and support to anyone who is or has experienced sexual assault.